Scott Joins In



The baby is keeping me up. Yes the non-existent, possibly never-existent child that is in so much debate these days.

I talked to Scott about the bleak appearance of the adoption scene. He was just as surprised and dismayed as I was. Yes, dismayed. Over the past few weeks my husband, the man who does not want children has come around. I wish I could say that this is due to some expert cajoling on my part, but alas, this is not the case. He actually said this sentence to me over dinner two days ago, “When we have a baby, what room will we put her in?” I could see it happening as far back as 3 months ago. He would come home and tell me about a cute kid he saw in the library, or talk about how great it is to take kids to do the things his parents used to take him to like museums, and nature centers. Why do I ever doubt? We are far too connected to be on different pages for too long. I asked what changed his mind and he said it must have been the same thing that changed mine since he can’t seem to put his finger on it either.

So as of tonight, we're thinking about having our own baby.


Comments