Remodel Day Two

OMG!

Today was horrible. Somehow managed to short out 1/2 of the power. Scott says the electrical fuse box - yep, I said fuse box, looks like something from the Victorian age! We know we needed to invest some cash into upgrading the electrical but on day two??!!! I can't believe we need an electrician so soon. Fingers crossed!

Today we:

1. Removed most of the wood paneling in our bedroom
2. Got rid of some more of the seller's personal belongings - mattress, toiletries
3. Cleaned off the ancient shelves in the laundry room and took the shelves down
4. Checked out an antique looking bureau left behind to see if it will suit my purposes - stay tuned
5. Picked up two sample paint colors at Sherwin Williams
6. Removed the remaining nails in the living room wall from taking the paneling down yesterday
7. Spackled all of the living room walls
8. Tested out the two paint color choices - loved them both, how do we choose!?
9. Played a full hour of "Where does this wire go?" and followed the many criss-crossing extension cords running from the house to all parts of the yard and removed about 3 of them.

I also made the mistake of inviting a friend over today. I vowed that I wouldn't have anyone over until the house was in the "livable" stage but for some reason I relaxed this rule two days in a row. Yesterdays visit was wonderful, but today with my dear friend walking through and exclaiming how horrible it all was (it is, indeed, horrible) it just reminded me of why I made that rule in first place. I love our house, and I can see what it will one day be. Other people don't have that same kind of emotional investment. All they see, understandably, is the horrible condition it is and wonder how on Earth we'll make it work. I will make it work, but it's going to take time and I'm going to take all of the time I need.

Comments