Breaking But Not Stopping

With all of the work we've put into the yard and the first 3 rooms of the house, Scott and I have decided to take a break and spend the rest of July enjoying our hard work, spending our money on some stuff for the car, and setting up the rest of our services and utilities like ordering another green waste and recycling can from the city, making sure all of our mail is being properly routed, and on my part, trying to convince Scott to hire a gardener.

But that doesn't mean I don't have anything to write about. We finally hung some pictures in the "done" rooms:





We had friends from out-of-town visit for a citrus themed lunch on Monday:



And we've discovered the joy of spreading out a blanket on our lawn and gazing up at our trees.


Amazingly, we're 2 weeks ahead of schedule and we'll tackle the dining room in earnest next weekend. Until then, I think I'll have some more lemonade...

Comments

Post a Comment