Why we're lucky.


Wow. Two baby posts in a row. Something is going on here...

When I think about how so many of my friends have their moms to help them with their babies and the fact that my mom is still dedicated to her career and still needs to work I start to feel sorry for myself. I have to hire someone to watch my child for the 3 days each week I need to be in the office instead of the luxury of free childcare by a loving family member. I do have my sister-in-law who is an awesome mom and stays home with her kids, but she lives so far away getting our baby to her each morning would be a logistical nightmare.

Then I start to think about our circumstances and realize that we really are very lucky when it comes to baby stuff. We live within 6 miles of both of our mothers and sisters, we have a house and a room and a yard for the child to eventually play in, we understand how to raise children green and to be less materialistic and thereby lessen their environmental impact, I have a job wherein I get to work from home 2 days or more each week and therefore have at least 4 days a week in which I can be home and responsible for my baby, both Scott and I have good jobs with great health insurance, we have had the luxury of being together for 13 years so far so we've had plenty of time for ourselves and to know one another, my job is very baby friendly and have provided breast feeding moms with a private pumping room, and we're surrounded by helpful, loving people who can give us guidance and advice. It's great. I really shouldn't complain that I have to try to find a nanny 2 days a week or so. Being gratful is important.

Comments