Dear Roomba...A Love Letter


Do you know what a Roomba is? Well let me just tell you that it's the greatest thing ever. Remember all of the promises -mostly implied on television - of all of the technological wonders awaiting us in the year 2000? I used to dream about my flying car and what color it would be and how my own version of The Jetsons' Rosie would make my breakfast capsule each morning. Well the rest of them have fallen short, but one brave and forward-thinking company, iRobot (no Scott, the name does not raise any red flags for me), has kept its futuristic promises and has delivered unto us, The Roomba.

According to Wikipedia
The Roomba is an autonomous robotic vacuum cleaner made and sold by iRobot. Under normal operating conditions, it is able to navigate a living space and its obstacles while vacuuming the floor. The Roomba was introduced in 2002;[1] as of January 2008, over 2.5 million units have been sold. Several updates and new models have since been released that allow the Roomba to better negotiate obstacles and optimize cleaning. 


According to me, the Roomba is AWESOME! It was given to us (me) as a Christmas gift from Scott's Mom. It was like an episode of The Price is Right in her living room that morning with me jumping all around and cheering. Ever since then, I turn it on and let it go and have lived dust bunny free. It goes under my bed, under our sofas, under our coffee table and even under the clawfoot tub! I absolutely love it. So here is my Love letter to Roomba. 


Dear Roomba, 


Thank you for keeping your futuristic promises to me and cleaning my floors while I work, wash dishes, sleep, blog, or drink vodka. You are a much loved and appreciated addition to this family and I promise to love, cherish, and maintain you for as long as you remain functional. 


Yours in Cleanliness, 
Candi


Now all I need is to have a baby so that we can also have an automatic mop. 





Comments

  1. LOL...this was a great post. So you and I loved it. Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment