Design Inspiration: Nature Collage

I am obsessed with the trend of adding botanical prints in collage formations to a room. I know this trend is a couple of years old, but I still love it and it suits our little eco-cottage very well. I've been scouring the internet lately for inspiration photos and I've come up with a few great ones. Check these out:













So I've decided to use this idea in the dining room on the blank wall above the buffet. I have been going back and forth about what to do there and this seems like the perfect answer. You can see a bit of the blank wall in this photo. 
                                      

But of course I can't just do a normal botanical wall. I had to go and put a bit of a twist on it. You have probably noticed the big bird trend going on in home decor right now. Again, nothing new, but decorating with birds has become extremely popular. Having a nature focused decor palette, this appeals to me. I've had my eye on a few of these pieces for a while. Here are some cute inspiration photos:







I love this look. It makes me think of being outdoors and in nature, and evokes feelings of freedom and whimsy. Kristine McKay said it best over at her super cute blog  stating that birds are "the little black dress of decorating."

To combine these two ideas, I've decided to add Audubon prints to the wall in a collage of frames. I'm really excited about that. I think it's going to look great. I have a friend who did something similar in her cute little Long Beach bungalow but we're going to put a personal spin on it and only feature birds we've seen here at our house and in the two rivers that run through our neighborhood. It should be fun and personal and visually beautiful. Tomorrow I'll start shopping for frames so check back to see what we end up with. 

Comments