Before & After

Everyone once in a while I start to feel frustrated by not being able to do more in the house because of money and time. That's when I take a minute to look through our online album of what the house looked like before and remind myself of just how far we've come. Here is one of those moments and a quick B&A peek at our bedroom.

BEFORE


Our bedroom, one of only two, is very small. The previous owners decided to decorate it with loft style bed with an office beneath, a huge leather chair that took up lots of floor space, and a couple of dressers. There was also wood paneling on the walls, and a window air conditioner which blocked much of the light.

AFTER




This is what the room looks like now. There have been a few minor updates, but this is the basic look. It's comfortable, and soothing in blues, greys and whites. We love quilts but not patchwork so much, so this modern pebble pattern fits the bill. It's textural and natural, and fits in with the style of the house and the room. We removed the window air conditioner and hung floor length creamy sheers. Eco lighting completes the space. All of these changes certainly makes the room a nicer place to sleep at night!

Comments

  1. you definitely did a nice job re doing the space. I love your choice in switching up the walls from the original wood. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NEVER know it's the same place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your blog on the D&R Nest and I am in AWE of what you have done with your home - I definitely need to be thankful that all ours needed for the most part were fresh coats of paint. AMAZING job and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment