Halloween Our Way

Even though it's pretty darn hot in L.A. today, there are only a few short weeks until Scott's favorite holiday, Halloween. With that deadline in mind I set to work pulling out our spooky decor and deciding where everything should go in the new house. We didn't decorate last year which was our first Halloween here because there was just too much going on with the remodel. It has certainly been fun figuring out how to fix up this space.


Our front door has glass panels so I always felt like we couldn't add a wreath, but I think this looks ok. The wreath is all natural seeds and dried berries and we've had it for a few years.


We place the matching garland along the TV stand and add our cute little somersaulting ghosts to the front. These are by Fritz & Floyd and we just love them. Here's a close up as well as a look at our other 3 F&F pieces.




Here they are around the room. 




Next I added a few fall looking pieces to the coffee table and dining room table. I have no problem admitting that these are the same nuts I used in a fall centerpiece last year. Why not? No one's going to eat them right? And a quick note, I fell in love with the Pottery Barn leaf dish featured in their catalog a couple of years ago. But at almost $50 it was definitely out of the Little Green Cottage budget. I found this one at Target for about $8. Pretty sweet.




To bring in a little vintage, I put out our beloved Halloween doilies from the 1940s which anchor our silver taper holders. 


We also change our pillows around the house with the seasons. Our living room pattern has some earthy leaves, and the reading chair in our spare bedroom has a bright orange floral pattern. You'll also notice that we have a few little visitors hanging around. It would not be Halloween without Scott's collectibles. Here we have two cute little stuffed bats (not sure which is Bella and which is Boris but bonus points to anyone who can tell me why on earth The Boy would choose those names), and the Wolfman is kicking it on the chair. 



And speaking of Scott's collectibles, the buffet's barware has been condensed to make room for some of his Universal Monsters. I would be remiss in my wifely duties if I did not mention that these are the Silver Screen Edition which means that they have been hand painted to reflect the same tones as the films. 






Happy Halloween Everyone!

Comments