I'm Joining Project 333!



Ever wanted to see if you could live with less? Project 33 is helping me to do exactly that. The idea comes from Be More With Less and basically you choose 33 items of your wardrobe and live with only those 33 for 3 months. It began on October 1st and runs until the end of the year though I'm jumping on a little late. Here are the facts;


You are invited to Project 333

3 months with 33 items

When: October 1 – December 31
What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring, underwear, sleep, in-home lounge wear,  and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
How: over the next two months, outline your 33 items, by the 1st of October, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. If you purchase items for project 333, stick with the one in, two out approach. Consider the essentials and stick to 33.
So it's time to decide which of my clothing items are going to make the cut. This includes accessories too which is the easy part for me, so I'll start with that.
My 33
  • 1 pair of silver hoops
  • 1 pair of diamond studs
  • 1 silver Tiffany charm bracelet 
  • 1 pair cheapo sunglasses
  • 1 pair of grey jeans 
  • 1 pair of dark blue straight leg jeans
  • 1 pair of light blue bootcut jeans
  • 1 brown knee-length skirt
  • 1 grey pencil skirt
  • 1 long cream colored sweater/jacket - all purpose
  • 1 zip-up sweat jacket
  • 1 pair of converse 
  • 1 pair of black flats
  • 1 pair of lady bug flats from Punk Rose
  • 1 pair of high top suede moccasins I bought in college
  • 1 pair of short boots
  • 1 pair of knee high boots
  • My Eddie Bauer backpak - can't live without it
  • My Fossil purse with the gold rings. Love it
  • 1 teal shirt
  • 1 orange hooded shirt
  • 1 grey v-neck t-shirt
  • 1 black cowl neck shirt
  • 1 plain black t-shirt 
  • 1 grey zipper necked shirt
  • 1 grey v-neck sweater vest
  • 1 purple mock turtleneck blouse
  • 1 black v-neck 3/4 sleeve cotton blouse
  • 1 sheer black blouse
  • 1 black graphic swirl blouse 
  • Koi graphic galoshes
  • OPEN
  • OPEN
So I've learned a few things about myself already. First, my wardrobe lacks color. Next, it was hard to list 33 things! I guess I just don't have a lot of clothes. I'm not too into fashion so that makes sense to me, but it looks like I already wear the same few things over and over. I also discovered just how much stuff I have that I never ever wear. Time to visit Goodwill! And just in case I've overlooked something, I've left myself 2 open spaces. We'll see how it goes. 

Comments