Kitchen Inspiration

I go back and forth on what I want for our kitchen, but this photo of Sheryl Crow's kitchen from Elle magazine definitely makes me want to go with vintage.


On any given day O'Keefe & Merritt stoves are not too hard to come by on Craigslist and most are under $500.00. When I lived in my Oakland loft my roommate had one and it was really cool and easy to use. It looks like cooking on it might feel like driving an old car, but really the opposite is true. Yes we have a new stove in the kitchen now, but being the savvy cheap shopper that I am I did not pay the full $450 price tag since I bought it on Craigslist for less than 1/2 of that. I wouldn't mind letting it go once we start the kitchen remodel if this is the direction we go. 


And of course in my typical obsession with all things that come in sets or go together, I'm digging the new crop of retro refrigerators popping up all over, especially this one from Northstar. Unfortunately, these cannot be had on Craigslist for under $500. :(



Comments