Unfinished Business: Bell Jars



Remember my post about bell jar inspiration a few months ago? Ok, it was more than six months ago. Anyway, in the post which you can see here I talked about how bell jars are such a quintessential cottage accessory and how I needed to find a way to style mine. Well it's been sitting on our TV stand doing nothing all this time. It occurred to me that I could simply add some winter accessories and make it into a seasonal piece which is something I love to do. I like to change out accessories according to the seasons as well as linen and sometimes even art. So I grabbed my winter china, some pinecones, and went to work.



This particular plate was part of a nice score I came across at the Out of the Closet thrift store in Long Beach. It's a 1960 pattern of snowflakes, dots and circles with a platinum band. I had a feeling it was something special when I came across it and after looking it up at www.replacements.com and finding this listing, I was thrilled.

Here's the final result of my wintery bell jar decor. It definitely adds something to this corner.

Comments