Bureau Impossible

One of my favorite projects I've done around the house was on a piece of junk bureau left behind by the previous owners. It was basically lost in the crowd of junk in what is now the laundry room when we moved in. I had mentally discarded everything in the room until my sister pointed out that I might want to hang on to that particular piece since it seemed to have good bones. Play a quick game of Where's Bureau and see if you can spot it in the photo.


I dragged it outside and went to work. First scraping off all of the loose paint flakes, then sanding it down with the power sander Scott showed me how to use. Next I removed the weird knobs.  


Finally I painted it black and found some vintage looking crystal knobs to dress it up. It now stands in our bedroom and acts as a bit of an entry piece since it's the first thing you see when you walk through the front door. 




Comments

  1. I think I found the piece in the first photo. l believe it's laying on the ground in a dark shadow, center of the picture.
    It came out really nice! What an inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment