More Kitchen Inspiration: Open Shelving

Anyone who knows me knows I love love love dishes. I think it comes from holidays at my grandmother's house, watching her lovingly set the table with her favorite china pieces. As a teenager while other girls read Cosmo or Glamour, I read Martha Stewart and drolled over her beautifully set tables and buffets.



PHOTO BY BLOGDELANINE.BLOGSPOT.COM


I recently decided to get rid of all of my many collections of dishes in every color of the rainbow in favor of having a simple, all white pallet. In the past couple of years, my collection of white serve ware has grown. I've decided to display this collection in open shelving in the kitchen and came up with quite a few fabulous inspiration photos.

PHOTO FROM CALFINDER.COM


PHOTO FROM APLACEFOREVERYTHING.CO.UK


PHOTO FROM REMODELISTA.COM


I'm beginning to notice how much I love things that look casually pulled together. Not shabby chic necessarily - I need a bit more polish than that - but casual, practical, and still lovely. I am looking forward to hanging shelves in my kitchen and for the opportunity to display my everyday white collection as well as have everything at my finger tips instead of stacked deep in cabinets. Of course I'll post here when we get it done. 

Comments

  1. Very nice ideas==been looking for pics of some open shelves and yours are perfect, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love open shelves? I googled images for them and your blog was one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment