Nursery Shopping



See that beautiful nursery above? Well it's not mine. Mine is so far from that it's not even funny. It feels like the time is going by so fast (I'm 6 months already!) but the nursery is taking shape so slowly. We have the bare bones of the room - crib, dresser as changing table, chair and rug, and we're keeping the walls painted yellow, but that's about it. I'm really surprised about how indecisive I've been about this whole thing. Before I was pregnant I had a million nursery ideas. Now I can't seem to pull the trigger on anything. Well almost anything. I've bought two things in the past two weeks that I can share.

First, since we're not doing a bed-in-a-bag type set from Babies R Us or someplace like that I've decided to make a couple of colorful crib skirts using the YHL tutorial I've mentioned before. To that end I hit the fabric store with my mom and sister last weekend and came back with this pattern.


I really like it and it looks fresh and bright in the room. The idea is to pair this with neutral organic crib sheets and call it a day. I did worry for a while that this would mean that the space looked boring or under decorated but considering that our first choice of over-crib decor is still a gigantic tree mural, I think it will be okay. I have yet to actually purchase a vinyl tree wall sticker however, because I can't decide. But something like this would be nice.


The second decor piece I've bought are two posters. We have a window in the room and room on either side to hang something. The dresser is now sitting below the window and ready for a changing pad and cover I hope to pick up soon.



I found a great artist on Etsy who makes posters out of 100% recycled paper and soy ink. We picked up these two cuties and can't wait for them to ship.


Next step is to actually decide on and order a tree, and get the other necessities - a crib mattress and changing pad. I'll keep plugging along slowly.

Comments