Whatever Happened to Project 333?

Minimalist Wardrobe from Be More With Less


Remember this post in which I committed to wearing the same 33 items for 3 months for Project 333? Well in the spirit of following up, I figured I'd post about how it went.

It was a bust. But for good reason. As you can see from my original post, I couldn't even come up with the requisite 33 items! People like me who just don't have that much stuff let alone that many outfits probably all had a hard time with this experiment. Truth be told, I forgot I was doing it somewhere in the middle and just recently realized I'm still doing it! In the whole wide world I have 5 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 skirts, 5 dresses, 8 pairs of shoes and about 15 tops. I have no problem cycling through my wardrobe over and over again and getting rid of things regularly.

So Project 333 wasn't too enlightening over here, but it did help me to realize that I can and do get along just fine with less.

Comments

  1. I really need to take a page out of your book. I admire your natural minimalist stye. Whenever I go to my closet to get a pair of jeans I always go for the same pair, meanwhile I have 6 others hanging there that I haven't worn in ages (and probably can't fit!) I really need to muster up the courage to get rid of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,

    I hope you will. And if you're like me you'll find the idea of getting rid of things addictive. Young House Love did a post last fall in which the committed to getting rid of 100 things but ended up getting rid of much more. I did the same and ended up with 360+ items donated. Good luck and hope you catch the bug soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment