Crib is In!


Sadly I was too busy playing with my sister's new puppy to take any decent shots of Scott and her husband putting the crib together. All I managed was this blurry shot of Chirag reading the safety information, Amber peeling off the ugly stickers that were emblazoned on the side, and there's even a peek-a-boo shot of little Severus (yes we love Harry Potter) in the picture.



But we're glad the crib is in and up. There's nothing like a crib to make a room feel like a nursery. I know that sounds obvious, but it's really the only thing we planned to buy for the space. Scott's great grandmother's dresser will work perfectly for a changing table, and we're using the chair that matches our living room set, but it too large to fit in our new tiny living room. It's just been sitting in the space since we moved in and we like it a lot. We chose a crib that would match the dark finish of the two pieces and now we have all of our nursery furniture.

Speaking of choosing a crib, it was much easier than I thought. Our wish list included solid wood construction - not made of particle board, and a non-toxic finish. I was really surprised to see how many lines of baby furniture have cribs that fit that criteria. I was sure it would be a struggle. We set a $500 budget because I was sure that's what it would cost. We first decided we wanted the Hamilton by Babi Italia. It's a beautiful crib, matched our furniture, and we were able to go down and see it in person at Babies R Us.



But then I decided to start looking around a bit and found the AFG Nadia at Target for only $200! I loved the  shape of the design and it has solid wood construction, is JPMA certified, and has a non-toxic finish. Plus I was surprised to see all of the amazing consumer reviews. We love this crib and it matches so nicely. I actually ordered it from All Modern Baby because they have free shipping and it was here in three days. I promise to post better bare bones pictures of the nursery soon!

Comments